Twenty one people attended the first meeting of the Bridgwater People’s Assembly, all eager to take the fight against the impoverishment and disempowerment of the majority for the benefit of the elite minority back to the Government.
The following points were agreed:
- As attendance was wider than the Bridgwater area, it was agreed to change the name and scope of the group to the People’s Assembly Somerset.
- Perry Stevens agreed to keep the contacts list and manage the group email box.
- All further appointments were put on hold until the next meeting, and it was agreed that some posts, such as chair should rotate. We will evolve the group as we go along rather than being formal.
- Glen Burrows and Gwyn Holland will look into and publicise travel arrangements for the “Rage Against the Tories”/support the NHS demo outside the Tory party conference in Manchester on 29th September.
- There will be an interim meeting for your wishing to organise in Bridgwater for the 5th November day of action on 16th September at 19:30, at the Carnival Inn (“Wetherspoons”), 37 St Mary Street, Bridgwater, TA6 3LY.
- A hub email was set up: email@example.com (use this if you want to send emails to
the whole group. If you only
want to send emails to the web master, e.g. contact details, carry on with
yahoo.co.uk email until further notice).
- We should support the Bristol People Assembly’s mass sleep out event on 24th August in protest against the Bedroom Tax. Can anyone who wants to do something similar in Bridgwater please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We agreed to meet every 2 months on the second Monday of the month. Therefore the next full meeting of the Peoples Assembly Somerset will be at Monday 14th October at 19:30, at Railway Club, Wellington Rd, Bridgwater, TA6 5HA
Our facebook page:
If you would like more information on the People’s Assembly movement see:
If you would like to see the broad range of organisations and individuals already affiliated to the movement, see: http://www.
coalitionofresistance.org.uk/ 2013/03/peoples-assembly- supporting-organisations/